Platform Reliability Engineer
We are looking for a Platform Reliability Engineer for one of the top companies in the field of HFT. We value talent, deep knowledge, critical thinking, openness and courtesy in communication.
We expect that the candidate will
Join the Trading Desk Team to perform trading system monitoring and incident response during the night.
AT BHFT WE OFFER
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR CAREER GROWTH
AN IDEAL ATMOSPHERE FOR HIGHLY TALENTED SPECIALISTS
COMPETITIVE SALARIES & FLEXIBLE WORKING CONDITIONS
PREMIUM OFFICE SPACES AROUND THE GLOBE
OR FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME
- Monitor several sources (logs, alerts, news feeds, system metrics) to detect platform and external services issues;
- Respond to incidents according to provided guidelines;
- Investigate software, network and hardware issues, perform immediate recovery when possible;
- Report issues to software engineers;
- Communicate with peer teams and external service providers on ongoing operations.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in IT-systems monitoring and incident response, preferably in algorithmic trading or finance;
- Familiarity with Windows operating system;
- Basic to moderate knowledge of Linux operating systems;
- Basic to moderate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, routing, VPN, HTTP, WebSocket);
- Experience with command line tools and scripting languages (bash, Python);
- Ability to work overnight hours, reliable and predictable availability;
- A rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations;
- Good communication skills (English, Russian would be a plus).
- BONUS: Experience in the HFT or related areas.