Senior System Engineer / DevOps
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to join our team of world-class algorithmic trading professionals. We value talent, deep knowledge, critical thinking, openness, and courtesy in communication.
We expect that the candidate will join our Infrastructure Team to work on systems backing the whole company business. It will require deep technical and operational knowledge across all areas including
- development networks
- bare-metal and cloud servers
- application clusters
- data storage
- development infrastructure
At BHFT we offer an excellent opportunity for professional growth and self-realization. An ideal atmosphere for working with highly talented specialists. Competitive salaries and flexible working conditions - choose to work in any of our premium office spaces around the globe or from the comfort of your own home.
- Build and maintain network infrastructure (s2s VPN, client VPN, firewalls, policy-based routing);
- Implement and improve the DevOps toolset to automate the application configuration and deployment;
- Implement and improve monitoring infrastructure to ensure visibility of all processes;
- Proactively monitor, support, and troubleshoot mission-critical trading systems and applications to ensure the maximum uptime and availability;
- Interact and communicate with external parties on connectivity or trading related technical issues;
- Document the new processes and procedures to make sure that all documentation is up-to-date and relevant;
- Implement internal environments for data analysis (data storages, ML tools) and software engineering (git, CI/CD, task tracking, testing environments);
- Implement and maintain AWS infrastructure (mostly computing and networking);
- Tune performance of networks, hardware, and software, build custom solutions to achieve better performance;
- Maintain the highest degree of information security when implementing industry best practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an IT DevOps role;
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system, including network and system configuration, kernel internals, scheduling, performance tuning;
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and technologies;
- Proven hands-on experience with configuration management systems (Ansible preferred) and scripting languages (Bash/Python);
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Linux, KVM/Libvirt, Proxmox, Systemd, Iptables, Ferm, Openvpn, Zabbix, Influx, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, GitLab, Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate ideas across the board
- Upper-intermediate English level
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency, detail-oriented approach to operations;
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.